Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Sick in Isla Mujeras

We woke up the both of us immediately having to go to the bathroom; weird, I thought. “Must have been something we ate! Oh well, time to eat breakfast (papaya I bought the night before) and get a move on the day!” I made some starbucks coffee in our camp cookware and cut up our papaya as we planned out our day. Maybe a drive around the island? Book a whale shark tour for tomorrow?





Me: Wait I have to go to the bathroom again

Eric: So do I make it fast!


As I crawled back into bed with a little belly pain and Eric soon after followed me asking if he had a fever, we then realized that we must have eaten something bad the day before and were feeling the effects of it. Was it the ceviche we had for lunch? Tacos we had for dinner? Now that I look back I would probably blame the not so busy tourist restaurant we chose located at the end of tourist alley; their customers consisting of only 1 other table, and not the ever so busy local’s place we ate at for lunch. Oh well, lesson learned! We spent the next 2 full days in bed watching TV and looking out at the beach at other tourists having a great time with drinks in their hand and sun tanned skin; no doubt a sign of a great time, only venturing out to grocery store to get food but not lingering long enough to have to use the bathroom again…. 

What our room looks like on a daily basis, gotta do laundry somehow!


Pasta for food poisoning diet? Probably wasn't the best idea. Though since we were sick, we saved a lot of money on restaurant expenses!

Ahh, the beach looks so enticing. Maybe tomorrow :(


Second day grocery run taking the long way but not straying far enough to have an accident..






I tried to get Eric to buy me a 3 wheeled motorcycle a few years ago.. he kindly ignored my suggestion.




Though Eric was feeling better walking around, we noticed he was sweating abnormally when we entered the store to buy more food. Guess he was breaking his fever!




Dinner? Instant mashed potatoes along with a few episodes of Lost



Hoping tomorrow is a better day.....


No comments:

Post a Comment