Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Playa del Carmen to Xpu-ha


I took my last day of Spanish class and got out one hour earlier than usual so that I could drive to pick up Eric from the airport by noon. While I was feeling pretty confident about riding on the bike, I still didn't feel that I was able to ride with all the weight from our gear and such to the airport without any help if something went wrong. So, I stored our luggage at the hotel, and made my way to pick up my much missed husband from the airport.

Eric, happy to be back..
 See how awesome I look on the bike solo ;)
 Eric was impressed that I was able to make it to the airport alone, and so were all the taxi drivers that I parked next to while I waited to pick him up. They displayed looks of shock and asked questions when they saw I was a woman after taking off my helmet. I was happy that I was able to converse with them after taking my 1 week of Spanish. Again, I highly recommend the course even if it is only one week! We packed up Eric's luggage and hit the road. We had some things to drop off at Xpu-ha for our new found friends Simon and Lisa, and planned to stay the night there since it was already 2 pm when Eric got off the plane.

Arriving back in our campground, our original spot was taken and we were forced to find a new, equally acceptable spot somewhere else. This was no easy task as the wind had picked up and sand was blowing everywhere. After a good hour of arguing where we would camp up, we finally settled on a decent spot near the parking lot but under some trees for shade, where the effects of the wind were not so strong.
 We set up camp, went and got dinner, ate and spent the rest of the night having drinks with Simon and Lisa. Unfortunately, we were too lazy to take pictures for the rest of the night so we have none to post.


No comments:

Post a Comment